Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun with Angles

We just wrapped up Singapore 4A and have spent last week learning about angles, perpendicular lines, etc. Yesterday, I really felt that my son needed some fun and some practice with angles. He is a typical boy and loves to shoot nerf guns. I told him that in battles, your fellow fighters will often yell out things like "watch out at 2 O'clock" and how that doesn't mean the enemy will be here at 2 PM. I set up targets at different angles and let him practice shooting at each "time". We discussed that if you are facing noon then 3 and 9 o'clock are right angles and I had him figure out that each hour is 30 degrees. Then we took turns being blindfolded and trying to shoot as the other person callled out locations.

He had such a blast doing this and wants to do this afternoon for free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment